There are times when you’re sitting with friends or colleagues and everyone talks about their last vacation destination and some quirky facts about that place. Such folks just grab the attention of everyone around them. And, you may feel a little out of the place. But, don’t worry! All you need is a perfect place to spend your holiday. And, to help you with choosing the unique destination that people might not have been to or know of, we’ve got you “Corona, California”. Also nicknamed as the “Circle City”, Corona is a city that will leave you with some unforgettable moments and beyond. Also, the city has a few tidbits that you surely want to share with your friends or colleagues, the next time you hang out with them. So, here are a few facts and trivia about Corona history, economy, geography, and much more that you should know before traveling to this wonderful place.
Corona Geographic and Demographic Fast Facts
- Corona lies in Southern California. It is about 50 minutes from Los Angeles (southeast) and 30 minutes from Long Beach (northeast)
- It is located in Riverside County, CA.
- It is surrounded by Chino Hills (northwast), Riverside and Norco (northeast), Santa Ana Mountains, Yorba Linda and the Cleveland National Forest (southwest) and Eastvale (north).
- The ethnic composition of Corona includes: White-59.7%, African American-5.9%, Native American-0.8%, Asian-9.9%, Pacific Islander-0.4%, from other races-18.4%, from two or more races-5.1%.
Corona History Fast Facts
- Originally Corona was named “South Riverside”.
- The South Riverside Land and Water Company was formed in 1886 that established Corona as a town in San Bernardino County.
- In 1887, the town got its post office in the name South Riverside.
- South Riverside in 1983 became part of the Riverside County.
- In 1896, the city was renamed and Corona was founded.
- In 1980s, Corona was an agricultural community and later in late 1990s, it became a prime suburb of LA.
Corona Government and Economy Fast Facts
- Corona has a Council-Manager type of government.
- The economy of Corona is one of the fastest growing economies; all because of its industrial based which has played a significant role in its growth.
- Monster Beverage, Lucas Oil Products, and Saleen have business headquarters in the city.
Corona Important and Interesting Fast Facts
- Corona is nicknamed as “The Circle City” because of the layout of the streets, “Queen Colony”, “Gateway to the Inland Empire”, “Indianapolis of the West” and “Crown Town”.
- It was once known as the “Lemon Capital of the World”.
- Corona has over 394 parks with tennis courts, sports field, an outdoor pool, basketball courts, two skate parks and playgrounds.